Shoveled lots this weekend? Well, we're guessing you used the same side and hand to do it, right? And now you're feeling the effects today? Well that oblique is overworked and need to re-fire the other side oblique. Hold a heavy Dumbbell, Kettlebell , or whatever you have in the house house on same side that you shoveled with to get the other side firing up. Check out the video below to learn more!
Even though it's after Labor Day, summer is not over! With temperatures in the 80's this week, chances are you're still going to be wearing those shorts, tank tops and dresses, which means you have to keep all those parts looking good! Today we're featuring 2 exercises you can do on a ball that will work your entire body.
The first is called a Reverse Hyper and focuses on your glutes and hamstrings. Remember to keep your core tight and squeeze your glutes at the top for maximum impact.
The second is called "Stir The Pot" and is not only excellent for your entire core but will get your shoulders firing and looking great in those tank tops.
It's all about the abs again for this move monday. However, today we're bringing you an ab exercise that not only works your core, but your glutes, hips and shoulder. Have we mentioned we love multi-tasking here?
Tips to Keep in Mind:
- You can use anything in your house that weight about 5-10 pounds for this exercise
- Rotate from your hips to focus on your glutes
- Keep your core tight and engaged throughout the entire movement
- Attempt 3 sets of 10 reps per side
It's beautiful here in Rhode Island today and the nice weather has us thinking about spring and summer. So what do we need to do to get ready? Abs of course. This move utilizes a ball that you may already have in your house or can easily find in all gyms.
This multi-tasking move works your entire core (not just the front) as well as helps you with the stability and strength of your shoulder.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- Keep your hips up
- Keep your core tight and engaged
- Move your legs wide if a beginning or closer together if you want more of a challenge
- Move in small motions to ensure balance before trying to go larger
- Go in both clockwise and counterclockwise direction
- Try to perform 3 sets of 10 in each direction